Have you ever read about Sleep Hygiene? Have you ever been to doctor or psychologist and he asked you about sleep hygiene? Are you deprived of proper sleep and feel lazy all day? Do you think you are deprived of rest and calmness? This article is especially developed for those people who are facing problems like deprivation of sleep and might be victim of insomnia. First you must know what sleep hygiene is and sleep deprivation?
This is a sort of plans consisting of various healthy sleep habits. You may have calm, normal, peaceful and quality nighttime sleep and full daytime alertness by adopting these practices.
Sleep Deprivation: Causes and Effects
Sleep deprivation (may be acute or chronic) is that state of restlessness in which a person can’t enjoy deep sleep. There are many causes of sleep deprivation. These may include the stress of daily routine like studies or jobs, which affects our ability to sleep well. We are used to sacrifice our rest and sleep for money.
If you feel like you are a patient of insomnia or you are not in a calm mantel state, then you must adopt sleep hygiene. If you feel trouble in having a good sleep, then keep in mind, you’re not alone. According to a research publication, 25% of world suffers insomnia and 35% people in world feel anxiety and restlessness due to sleep deprivation. You must check out the following simple facts and tips for better sleep, which we are going to discuss next. Otherwise you will ruin your health and might become victim of disorders like anxiety and blue moods. These tips and facts will make the difference between restlessness and restful slumber. You will feel better after adopting these habits.
- Sleep schedule: Follow same sleep schedule and sleep timing every day. Try to go to bed early and get up early in the morning.
- Sleep when you are tired: Don’t try to force yourself to sleep. Always go to bed when you feel sleep.
- Think less: When you are in bed, this is your rest time. Please don’t think about your day’s work or any stress at that time. This will ruin your sleep.
- Comfortable bedroom: Try to convert your bedroom into a heaven. Make it neat and clean. Always keep its environment cool and relaxing.
- Have a light dinner: Always eat less before going to bed. Don’t eat much; it will disturb your metabolism which results in sleep disruption.
- No caffeine please: Don’t take coffee or tea before going to bed. Caffeine enhances your nervous system and makes you active.
- No to alcohol: Alcohol is very harmful for your mind and body. It has a very bad effect on CNS. Try to avoid alcohol as possible before going to sleep.
- No clock please: It is a research based fact that people who are habitual to watch clock many times in a day are always in great stress. Try to be a human being. You are not a robot
- Bedroom item: Use soft pillows and comfortable mattress to sleep on.
- Take a glass of milk: Have a glass of milk before going to sleep. Milk contains magnesium which alleviates your stress
Always keep these golden words in your mind. “Healthy body needs a healthy sleep” These are not just few verbal words; these are actually the words of practice. You might have observed that the above 10 tips are very easy and simple to adopt. Follow them and enjoy best sleep!